Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for anthracite
- ‘Despite the increasing share of natural gas in the fuel structure, hard coal is still considered as a main fuel applied in Polish power and heat generating facilities.’
- ‘The railways found that, because of the decreasing proportion of hard coal, even greater quantities of coal were required to provide the necessary locomotive running.’
- ‘Approximately 13% of total hard coal production is currently used by the steel industry - over 66% of total global steel production is dependent on coal.’
- ‘The statistics describe the use of hard coal in generation of electricity and heat in Finland.’
- ‘Miners of hard coal ratified a proposed contract today, ending a 30-day strike that began with their rejection of an earlier offer.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.