One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for anthracite
- ‘Miners of hard coal ratified a proposed contract today, ending a 30-day strike that began with their rejection of an earlier offer.’
- ‘The statistics describe the use of hard coal in generation of electricity and heat in Finland.’
- ‘Approximately 13% of total hard coal production is currently used by the steel industry - over 66% of total global steel production is dependent on coal.’
- ‘Despite the increasing share of natural gas in the fuel structure, hard coal is still considered as a main fuel applied in Polish power and heat generating facilities.’
- ‘The railways found that, because of the decreasing proportion of hard coal, even greater quantities of coal were required to provide the necessary locomotive running.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.