One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for quahog
- ‘In the present study site, however, the average ambient density of hard clams was higher in the sand flat than the seagrass bed, the oyster rock and the mud flat.’
- ‘In North Carolina estuaries, the hard clam generally shows lower growth rates in habitats where predation rates are higher.’
- ‘Our primary experiments focused on odors derived from the hard clam.’
- ‘Mussels, whether in natural or commercial populations, may therefore endure greater predation pressure by H. sanguineus than would hard clams.’
- ‘The hard clam is a commercially important bivalve along the Atlantic coast of North America and its ecology has been studied intensively.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.