Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for quahog
- ‘Mussels, whether in natural or commercial populations, may therefore endure greater predation pressure by H. sanguineus than would hard clams.’
- ‘In North Carolina estuaries, the hard clam generally shows lower growth rates in habitats where predation rates are higher.’
- ‘The hard clam is a commercially important bivalve along the Atlantic coast of North America and its ecology has been studied intensively.’
- ‘In the present study site, however, the average ambient density of hard clams was higher in the sand flat than the seagrass bed, the oyster rock and the mud flat.’
- ‘Our primary experiments focused on odors derived from the hard clam.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.