One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘His hard-headedness was also in evidence when the Tour's television contract was awarded to Sky, much to the chagrin of the terrestrial traditionalists.’
- ‘Here Giroux's hard-headedness works to another effect.’
- ‘Combining dourness and humour, sentimentality and hard-headedness, arrogance and tolerance, every situation is redeemed by laughter.’
- ‘He lacked the essential hard-headedness required of his post; substituting it for the ‘nice guy’ approach.’
- ‘American hard-headedness could be the antidote.’
- ‘In his philanthropy, however, Soros epitomizes the rare combination of generosity and hard-headedness that is needed to build civil societies from the ground up.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.