One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Any such definitive analysis, however, would need to respond, at the very least, both to his at once ‘avant- garde’ and hard-headedly commercial use of abstracted, deliberately over-stylised backgrounds and movements, and to the logical circularity which repeatedly dictates the emotional lives of his characters.’
- ‘In his own life, he hard-headedly defended his rights as an Egyptian citizen, applying for positions and grants in the face of official disapproval.’
- ‘Keller plays the anti drug game hard-heartedly and hard-headedly, seeking the big win no matter what he must lose on the way.’
- ‘It is this strength in unity, this common front that would have helped the continent enormously had there been a decision to compromise on the veto question and hard-headedly pursue real and lasting reform at the important world body.’
- ‘The book is a curious mixture of the Panglossian - the US as a kindly elephant, centre of the global ecosystem - and the hard-headedly critical.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.