Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Aggressive pressure or intimidation:‘they face daily harassment by the police’
persecution, harrying, pestering, badgering, intimidation, bother, annoyance, aggravation, irritation, pressure, pressurization, force, coercion, molestationhasslebadasserybedevilmentView synonyms
- ‘The Claimant had no option but to do this as the couple were suffering terrible harassment and intimidation.’
- ‘He says that Safina activists continue to face harassment and persecution.’
- ‘This organisation should stop at once the harassments and intimidation of left wing militants.’
- ‘The state also grants us the right to pursue this belief without any form of persecution or harassment.’
- ‘The harassment and persecution of Tamils in Sri Lanka has in no way abated in recent years.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.