Aggressive pressure or intimidation.‘they face daily harassment by the police’
persecution, harrying, pestering, badgering, intimidation, bother, annoyance, aggravation, irritation, pressure, pressurization, force, coercion, molestationView synonyms
- ‘The Claimant had no option but to do this as the couple were suffering terrible harassment and intimidation.’
- ‘The harassment and persecution of Tamils in Sri Lanka has in no way abated in recent years.’
- ‘This organisation should stop at once the harassments and intimidation of left wing militants.’
- ‘He says that Safina activists continue to face harassment and persecution.’
- ‘The state also grants us the right to pursue this belief without any form of persecution or harassment.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.