One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Aggressive pressure or intimidation.‘they face daily harassment and assault on the streets’
persecution, harrying, pestering, badgering, intimidation, bother, annoyance, aggravation, irritation, pressure, pressurization, force, coercion, molestationView synonyms
- ‘He says that Safina activists continue to face harassment and persecution.’
- ‘The harassment and persecution of Tamils in Sri Lanka has in no way abated in recent years.’
- ‘The state also grants us the right to pursue this belief without any form of persecution or harassment.’
- ‘This organisation should stop at once the harassments and intimidation of left wing militants.’
- ‘The Claimant had no option but to do this as the couple were suffering terrible harassment and intimidation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.