One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The birth of a baby.‘a well-earned rest before her happy event’
- ‘When I ask him about the forthcoming happy event, he confirms: ‘Yes.’’
- ‘We are expecting some happy events in the family very soon.’
- ‘An ordinarily happy event is the birth of a baby.’
- ‘God's smile of approval rested on these happy events.’
- ‘Congratulations to Darren and Camille Mulhearne, Currabaha West, Kilmacthomas, on their happy event, the birth of their baby son, Cian.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.