Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The birth of a baby.‘a well-earned rest before her happy event’
- ‘Congratulations to Darren and Camille Mulhearne, Currabaha West, Kilmacthomas, on their happy event, the birth of their baby son, Cian.’
- ‘We are expecting some happy events in the family very soon.’
- ‘An ordinarily happy event is the birth of a baby.’
- ‘God's smile of approval rested on these happy events.’
- ‘When I ask him about the forthcoming happy event, he confirms: ‘Yes.’’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.