One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But this surface haplessness belied an extremely successful money operation and a secret weapon: his debating skill.’
- ‘Anger shone through, Thom didn't even bother re-writing the lyrics for ‘Go to Sleep’, they appear as he penned them - haplessness dipped in blood.’
- ‘The chaos of the film is summed up by the situation the writer of the screenplay (played with brilliant haplessness by Phillip Seymour Hoffman) finds himself in.’
- ‘But they simultaneously helped to elevate the intellectual tone of the early stages of the primary season and to provide inadvertent entertainment through the haplessness of their candidacies.’
- ‘Anderson was also behind many of the raids on Dundee's goal, and it was to his credit that, despite Aberdeen's early haplessness at the back, that they were still threatening at the other end.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.