One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a manner lacking any obvious principle of organization.‘a hodgepodge of family photos haphazardly arranged on a table’‘the film feels haphazardly thrown together’
- ‘She could just make out large shapes scattered haphazardly within the vault.’
- ‘Some vineyards were not even planted in rows, but were haphazardly arranged, like a field of wheat.’
- ‘Its hotels, houses, and shops are haphazardly strung out along the coastal strip.’
- ‘His attire will be haphazardly thrown together, but he'll still look good.’
- ‘Imagine losing all of your worldly possessions except for whatever you may have haphazardly thrown in a suitcase two weeks ago.’
- ‘They were still engrossed in their game, cards scattered haphazardly across their table.’
- ‘The soundtrack is far too dominant and haphazardly assembled for a movie that is attempting to convey the mood of the characters specifically.’
- ‘A red convertible skidded around the winding curvy road with cars parked haphazardly on both sides.’
- ‘The ingredients aren't haphazardly thrown in.’
- ‘Whenever anyone investigates, they find tools and engine parts strewn haphazardly everywhere and not a soul in sight.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.