Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Ride a surfboard with all ten toes curled over the board's front edge.
- ‘This exciting surfing ride gives the feeling of hanging ten on a Maui wave.’
- ‘Walking the board is the first step to hanging ten.’
- ‘I've pulled off hanging ten (for a second) on my little boards a couple times.’
- ‘They live for only one thing: hanging ten on a blue wave, much to the frustration of their girlfriends.’
- ‘The young filmmakers are on the island to tape two surfers as they hang ten with some hungry sharks.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.