One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pull of the sally of the rope so as to swing the bell through a full circle.Compare with backstroke
- ‘When a touch comes round at handstroke you need to call ‘That's all’ at the backstroke before.’
- ‘The bell is held in this position until the other ringers have rung their handstroke as well.’
- ‘You then follow this bell's handstroke with your backstroke and its backstroke with your handstroke.’
- ‘The funny part was he forgot the handstrokes and he was opening apps without hitting anything.’
- ‘Thy hands should be touching each other on both the handstroke and the backstroke to ensure an even pull.’
- ‘That's an interesting problem I didn't realize lefties also have handstrokes that are different.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.