One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A set of equipment designed to enable the use of a mobile phone without the hands.‘they had to answer a call using a hands-free kit’
- ‘I have a hands-free kit installed in my car and still find it difficult to concentrate at times.’
- ‘It recommend that users of hands-free kits should let the ear piece cable hang down naturally from the ear, keep the cable away from the phone's antennae, and not place the phone directly against the body.’
- ‘Only one driver could be seen using a hands-free kit while navigating the busy junction.’
- ‘He said: "My hands-free kit cost me a few pounds and is very, very effective."’
- ‘A survey found drivers using hands-free kits made six times as many mistakes as those not using a phone.’
- ‘Several petrol stations in the area have been offering simple hands-free kits for under a fiver, when you buy petrol.’
- ‘Simply pop your tunes on to a flash memory card, plug it in and you're off, with the earpiece serving as a hands-free kit should you receive a call whilst in the groove.’
- ‘He connects his handsfree kit and dials his phone as he sets off on the road.’
- ‘Using a handsfree kit in your car is no safer than not using a handsfree kit, according to data collected from crashes in Australia.’
- ‘Drivers can pick up a hands-free kit quite cheaply.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.