One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A set of headphones with a microphone attached, used especially in telephony and radio communication.‘I had a hands-free headset plugged into the laptop’
- ‘It is the ideal hands-free headset for active lifestyles, offering curved ear-loops to hold the ear buds securely in place.’
- ‘A hands-free headset helps by keeping the phone away from your head.’
- ‘I sat in the car for about three and a half hours, using my new handsfree headset to talk to various friends and family members.’
- ‘If a call comes in while a song's playing, you'll be able to answer it with a push on the button halfway up the hands-free headset.’
- ‘As wireless, hands-free headsets continue to flood the cell phone market in smaller models, it's becoming tougher to determine if people are speaking into thin air.’
- ‘Her most important tool isn't her phone; it's her hands-free headset.’
- ‘Using a hands-free headset or placing it on speakerphone would be simple way to avoid handling and touching the smartphone surface.’
- ‘Even hands-free headsets are dangerous because the phone conversation distracts the driver's attention away from the road and traffic.’
- ‘To limit his exposure, he cuts calls short and distances himself from the phone with a hands-free headset.’
- ‘Maybe now's the time to invest in a hands-free headset because you might find yourself on hold for some serious lengths of time.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.