One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of sushi consisting of a cone of dried seaweed filled with rice, fish, vegetables, etc.
- ‘In the California hand roll, however, the crab, cucumber, and avocado were food-processed into a lumpy, green mixture lopped over the rice.’
- ‘The one stroke of originality, the house sushi dessert (vanilla and banana-coconut hand rolls), strains for wit and collapses into a gooey sooey.’
- ‘We started with the raw dishes such as sashimi and tuna belly handroll (delicious).’
- ‘Conspicuously absent, however, are maki sushi (rolls) of any kind, though some hand rolls are available.’
- ‘They make this divine ebiten hand roll with a tempura prawn, chunk of raw salmon and avocado, wrapped in nori.’
- ‘I ordered some, along with a few standards, Californian handroll, spicy tuna hand roll and sake nigiri.’
- ‘I can't in good conscience recommend the hand rolls tonight.’
- ‘There was just a squirt of pure wasabi inside a handroll.’
- ‘A sushi maker in Southold Village hands over the hand rolls for them, and a fisherman in Orient pays with striped bass and blackfish.’
- ‘I ordered some, along with a few standards, Californian handroll (fresh crab, they assured me), spicy tuna hand roll and sake nigiri.’
- ‘The extensive sushi menu by Alan Kim includes everything from crab shumai and edamame to eel hand roll and yellowtail sashimi.’
- ‘The chef also created many other dishes with tuna, such as the tobiko tuna rolls, spicy tuna hand rolls and grilled tuna-aburi rolls.’
- ‘The terrine of pressed aromatic duck blends perfectly with shitake mushrooms, and is accompanied by a duck sushi nori hand roll and a petit salad of duck liver and confit.’
- ‘Chefs are busy behind the station, making all kinds of hand rolls according to the orders of the customers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.