One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A sum payable for the processing of an order or transaction.‘be aware of handling charges at the time of purchase’
- ‘Shipping and handling charges are calculated based on the total price of your order.’
- ‘Taxi drivers are to consider postponing their ballot on a nationwide strike over the axing of a lucrative luggage handling charge.’
- ‘The handling charge of 1 per cent for debit card transactions has made our business more difficult.’
- ‘Enclose a check or money order for the total literature fees plus $2.50 for the handling charge.’
- ‘We reserve the right to make a small handling charge on refunds should the product be found to be in full working order once we receive it back.’
- ‘You also have to pay shipping and handling charges on top of the purchase price.’
- ‘Most large suppliers have minimum order requirements, and some have an additional handling charge for a less than minimum order.’
- ‘There are no shipping or handling charges when purchased online, and books never go out of print.’
- ‘Flights were scheduled into regional airports that were keen to attract new services and offered low landing and handling charges.’
- ‘As well as shipping costs, check for hidden extras such as courier handling charges.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.