Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A hemline on a skirt or dress formed by panels of fabric which fall in points resembling the corners of a handkerchief.‘a handkerchief hem pulls the focus away from the hips and thighs, elongating the bottom half of the body’
- ‘We'll see everything from cheeky handkerchief hems to classic A-line shapes, funky asymmetrical hemlines, sexy slit dresses, and even elegant ballerina skirts.’
- ‘Long skirts with a handkerchief hem work well for tall, pear shaped women.’
- ‘Balancing out the structured pieces are airy dresses with handkerchief hems in solids or radical colored prints.’
- ‘The brand once famous for its chenille ruffles and handkerchief hems has had a sharp new makeover.’
- ‘She wore a black dress with spaghetti straps and a handkerchief hem.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.