One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It is a ‘butcher's block’ bench, simple and easy to construct (given my lack of handiness, it would have to be.)’
- ‘A handiness for visualizing in six dimensions or for abstracting the motion of a pendulum favors an agility of mind but apparently has little to do with anything else.’
- ‘Although Paulette is suffocating under his egotism, there is a great scene in which she watches the great man at work and is entranced by his handiness with a brush and paint.’
- ‘Obviously art teachers aren't hired for their handiness.’
- ‘By 1998, the publisher began producing mini books only because the public ‘just liked the handiness of a smaller phone book.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.