One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Suddenly, the sound of two dainty hands clapping.’
- ‘I then distinctly heard a clumping noise just like a hand clapping on a shoulder.’
- ‘The three musicians began their instruments, playing a cheerful and happy tune that sent the pirates toe tapping and hand clapping.’
- ‘Once you're using handclapping or stomping, people tend to make an association with folklore, with oral cultures.’
- ‘This festival is accompanied by singing, dancing, and hand-clapping.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.