Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A moisturizing lotion for the hands.‘a tube of hand lotion’
- ‘Dry, flaky skin that persists despite the use of hand lotion and skin creams could very well be a fungal infection.’
- ‘If you spend time in the school computer labs, it's a good idea to carry some antibacterial hand lotion in your backpack.’
- ‘If you are looking for a good hand lotion buy some coconut oil.’
- ‘Their ginseng hand lotion is the ultimate luxury for me.’
- ‘Looking after your nails couldn't be simpler: all you really need to do is keep them clean, clip them neatly, and regularly use a hand lotion to keep them moisturized and smooth.’
- ‘When applying hand lotion, be sure to massage the moisturizing lotion into nails and cuticles (even if your nails are polished).’
- ‘Ensure you don't forget to rub hand lotion into your nails and nail beds to keep them soft.’
- ‘Women are definitely slathering it on more than men as 97% of women use hand lotion and 96% use body lotion versus 80% and 66% among men, respectively.’
- ‘Always use a hand lotion or cream after washing your hands.’
- ‘Find something that smells delicious at Bath and Body Works, such as hand lotion, shower gel, or body spray.’
- ‘Based on my experience, making homemade hand lotions is actually uncomplicated, quick and moderately inexpensive.’
- ‘Fill a Ziploc bag with some lip balm, a travel toothbrush and toothpaste, a small bottle of hand lotion, a sleep mask, a pair of socks, and some eye drops.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.