One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Painted by hand rather than by using a machine.‘a varied selection of hand-painted vases’
- ‘The artist has released a new series of limited edition sculptures made from cast marble and hand-painted with acrylics.’
- ‘One of a kind objects featured in this year's show range from brooches, hand-painted silk scarves, handmade felt hats and sterling silver bookmarks.’
- ‘I created a design that was simple in color, then embellished it with hand-painted moulding.’
- ‘They featured brightly colored birds and flowering trees hand-painted on rice papers that were glued together to form a roll.’
- ‘The images are grouped in several large circles on the gallery walls, each picture elaborately framed in hand-painted glass.’
- ‘The uneven, hand-painted textures give his paintings a liveliness impossible in digital printing.’
- ‘Colorful hand-painted signs guided visitors through the fruit trees.’
- ‘Modern finishes and hand-painted frescoes were applied to recall the city's history.’
- ‘The shop is known for its detailed hand-painted mats, a product made possible by his staff's artistic backgrounds.’
- ‘Surrounding each image is a hand-painted, distressed border with decorative accents.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.