One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A toe that is bent permanently downwards, typically as a result of pressure from footwear.‘corns, heel calluses and hammer toes are common complaints’
- ‘Common problems are bunions, hammer toes, corns and pain in the balls of the feet.’
- ‘Lops has been correlated with a risk of ulceration, especially in biomechanically unbalanced feet with secondary bony prominences, such as bunions or hammer toes.’
- ‘Bunions and bunionettes, hammer toe and neuromas - a painful thickening of a nerve that runs between two toes - were all much more prevalent in women.’
- ‘The main reason why so many people have problems ranging from bunions to hammer toes is poor choice of shoes and their improper fit.’
- ‘Neuropathy can also cause deformities such as bunions, hammer toes, and Charcot feet.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.