One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A dish of cooked ham served with eggs.‘a breakfast of ham and eggs’
- ‘He swallowed a cup of coffee, and turned his attention to the ham and eggs.’
- ‘They all got up early in the morning and ate a breakfast of ham and eggs in the common room.’
- ‘The Easter dinner included ham and eggs.’
- ‘She is cooking fried ham and eggs, grits, biscuits and gravy.’
- ‘What they could have would always work out at cold beef and pickles, or fried ham and eggs, two pints of beer, and two bottles of ginger beer.’
- ‘A tasty breakfast of ham and eggs prepared us for the rafting trip.’
- ‘He tells me what he had for breakfast: ham and eggs.’
- ‘We seem to go together like ham and eggs.’
- ‘This morning I ordered the fried ham and eggs with grits and toast.’
- ‘Adam ordered coffee and ham and eggs, just to keep his brother company.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.