One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘We get no sense of the Western society in which they live, apart from a ham-fistedly jolly counterplot about Ziad's friend running a pizza restaurant.’
- ‘Anakin's nightmare brought tittering and giggles even from me it was so ham-fistedly portrayed.’
- ‘Biotic factors have even come into the courts; they've been ham-fistedly typed into philosophies, psychologies, and tourism brochures.’
- ‘In a world where most guitar groups regurgitate mouldy old ideas, floundering ham-fistedly around in a sea of stupidity and borrowed riffs, it's a relief to turn to this intelligent, confident and, dare one say it, tasteful record.’
- ‘Turn in a fraction too hard, ham-fistedly hammer the throttle, unsettle the car by just a fraction, and the traction control strangles the lumpy, aggressive boxer beat and the car redirects power to the front.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.