One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It is also probable under the limited oxygen control conditions of such a combustion that there will be Carbon Monoxide formed and perhaps even Phosgene as a result of the presence of chlorine (halogenic detergent) and carbon (product of organic combustion and in coal).’
- ‘Volcanogenous rocks are found among halogenic formations so commonly that they, together with anhydrite, gypsum and limestone, may be considered as component part of these formations.’
- ‘A live television camera and halogenic headlights allow positive identification of the target prior to detonation.’
- ‘Association of halogenic minerals here is very poor: it consists of gypsum, calcite and sepiolite.’
- ‘H-atoms of halogenic acetic acids are partly replaced by halogen atoms.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.