One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The tendency for an impression created in one area to influence opinion in another area.‘the ads have had a halo effect on international services’
- ‘And while that's a narrow niche, it may have created a halo effect that has enhanced its image with mainstream consumers.’
- ‘Though $100 million in sales is nothing to sneeze at, Adams said the Hemingway program also has created a halo effect over the entire Thomasville brand.’
- ‘The halo effect can influence hiring decisions.’
- ‘Brown and Perry refer to the influence of past performance on future performance as a halo effect that negates the impact of reputation on future performance.’
- ‘The spinoff micro-economies and the halo effect on ordinary businesses from the Alberta oil industry can't be discounted from Cosh's comparison without oversimplifying the situation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.