One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The tendency for an impression created in one area to influence opinion in another area.‘the ads have had a halo effect on international services’
- ‘The halo effect can influence hiring decisions.’
- ‘And while that's a narrow niche, it may have created a halo effect that has enhanced its image with mainstream consumers.’
- ‘Though $100 million in sales is nothing to sneeze at, Adams said the Hemingway program also has created a halo effect over the entire Thomasville brand.’
- ‘The spinoff micro-economies and the halo effect on ordinary businesses from the Alberta oil industry can't be discounted from Cosh's comparison without oversimplifying the situation.’
- ‘Brown and Perry refer to the influence of past performance on future performance as a halo effect that negates the impact of reputation on future performance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.