One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A concierge or a person who carries guests' luggage in a hotel.
- ‘Sometimes, they are very generous and give the hall porter a pound coin as gratuity.’
- ‘The position of hall porter is a very busy job, and one where there is constant contact with the customer.’
- ‘Wine waiter positions, hall porters and cook jobs can be found for the whole of the London area.’
- ‘The concierges, called hall porters here, are just to the right, efficiently satisfying demands.’
- ‘So basically you are doing the job of a really good hall porter.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.