One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A ramp curving up at both ends or a snow-covered sloping channel with a U-shaped cross section, used by skateboarders, rollerbladers, snowboarders, etc. to perform jumps and other manoeuvres.‘he went to Victoria Skatepark where he showed off his skills on the halfpipe’
- ‘You want to match the angle of the start ramp like a skateboarder matches the angle of a skateboard ramp on a half-pipe.’
- ‘Then we found a skating rink that had a half-pipe and a quarter-pipe, so we'd go in there every Friday night, and a local ramp at a pool, which in summer is what we did every day.’
- ‘The park now boasts a modern playground designed for under fives, ‘wacky and exciting’ climbing frames and bouncy horses, a skateboarding half-pipe and BMX ramps.’
- ‘Ideas include traditional swings, roundabouts, climbing frames and slides, as well as skate boarding half-pipes and sports pitches.’
- ‘A half-pipe is a U-shaped hollow cut into the snow in which competitors ski from one side to the other performing an array of tricks on which they are judged on.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.