One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An important step towards achieving something.‘he never gives in, and that's half the battle’
- ‘However, all these matter are only half the battle.’
- ‘If they approve of you, you've won half the battle.’
- ‘But they admit that being a good rider is only half the battle.’
- ‘If you've ever had the displeasure of tangling with your landlord at the rental board, you know getting yourself down there is half the battle.’
- ‘If a good start is half the battle then two good starts will surely win most battles.’
- ‘Achieving and maintaining a healthy weight and body is half the battle at this stage.’
- ‘But let's take it a step further and say that recruiting and training is only half the battle.’
- ‘Curiosity is the first step towards knowledge, and knowing is half the battle.’
- ‘I knew that was only half the battle - exercise was going to be an important component to my weight loss.’
- ‘Winning self-government is only half the battle; for thereafter you have to start governing yourselves and this is a lot more difficult than it sounds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.