One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A musical rest lasting the length of a minim.‘it is easy to insert a double whole note or a half rest’
- ‘Telling the difference between a half rest and whole rest at a glance often causes people grief.’
- ‘The interface of the program makes it easy to insert a double whole note or a half rest.’
- ‘The half rest takes the place of two quarter rests only in cases where the measure in simple time can be divided into two equal halves.’
- ‘He was very proud to show me that he can correctly make B and A on his recorder, as well as quarter rests and half rests.’
- ‘A whole rest gets 4 beats, a half rest gets 2 beats, and a quarter rest gets 1 beat.’
- ‘The intro was added to highlight the half rest, which is being taught on that page.’
- ‘In another place, you have a rest that is accidentally written as three triplet quarter rests, rather than a half rest.’
- ‘A half rest occupies the same amount of time as a half note.’
- ‘I was trying to find musical notations for a quarter rest and half rest on the charts.’
- ‘I drew in the half rest below the staff for clarity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.