Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Provision of bed, breakfast, and one main meal at a hotel or guest house.‘guests on half board’[as modifier] ‘half board prices’
- ‘They would stay at the four-star Hotel Vrissiana Beach on a half board basis in the resort of Protaras.’
- ‘For a one-week stay the daily supplement for half board is â21, and for more than ten days â18.’
- ‘All flights, transfers and half board accommodation for the trip (Thursday June 20 to Thursday June 27) will be met by Fred.’
- ‘Prices, for three nights half board at the Hotel de Paris, including flights from the UK and helicopter transfers, start from £1,145.’
- ‘The inclusive cost ex Dublin is E499 - half board accommodation.’
- ‘There are several lodges offering specialist accommodation to anglers, and most of them operate on a half board basis.’
- ‘More information: A week half board at Sani beach starts at £408 and three nights bed and breakfast at the Hyatt Regency starts at £401.’
- ‘The price 525 is all inclusive - flights, accommodation and half board.’
- ‘The price includes flights, transfers and half board at the Don Miguel Hotel.’
- ‘It costs £1,787 per person, based on two sharing, including eight nights' half board at the five-star Hilton Mauritius resort and spa, flights, transfers and connections from Glasgow or Edinburgh.’
- ‘It's better to get a hotel with half board - dinner included - than to search in vain for food in one of the trattorias scattered about.’
- ‘The average cost of a one week skiing break with half board is around 650 during the high season, and people can expect to pay up to 300 for their ski pack and lessons.’
- ‘Cost will be approximately 500 which will include travel expenses and four nights half board accommodation at three star and four star hotels.’
- ‘Traditionally, accommodation in Medjugorje is in private houses and on a half board basis.’
- ‘A pilgrimage to Medjugorje is organised for Saturday, August 14 to Saturday, August 21 and the cost ex Dublin is 499 with half board accommodation.’
- ‘We will also be offering an optional 3-day pre-trip excursion to Delphi and the hilltop monasteries of Meteora with accommodation on half board.’
- ‘Prices start from €995 per person, which include return flights, seven nights half board accommodation, airport transfers, a full guided walking programme, pack, maps and itineraries.’
- ‘The group leader is Larry Cummins and the cost for half board is 549.’
- ‘The price includes five nights' half board, three excursions and cancellation cover.’
- ‘Seven nights, half board at Forte Village Resort, start at a lead in price of £2,554 flying from London, with a supplement flying from Manchester.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.