Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A room in a private home that contains a toilet and washbasin but no bath or shower.‘if it's just a half bath for guests, a nice sink, a sturdy toilet, and a decorative towel rack will do’
- ‘A sliding door in the master bath can be closed to make an independent half bath for the privacy of family or friends staying in the den/guest bedroom.’
- ‘He bought the largest model, with four bedrooms, three full bathrooms and two half bathrooms, living room, dining room, and kitchen.’
- ‘It sports a half bath with stainless steel hand railing and two queen beds.’
- ‘There's a half bath downstairs and a nice little kitchen, though I don't cook very much.’
- ‘These are duplexes with a master bedroom and half bath on the upper floor, and a bedroom, bathroom, living-room and kitchen on the lower floor.’
- ‘The sink in the half bath, located on the first floor, a good example of the design touches used throughout the house.’
- ‘Our party space was maybe 550 square feet—which included the kitchen and a half bath.’
- ‘The apartment has one full bath and a half bath which is in my room.’
- ‘Each apartment accommodates up to six occupants and all units include a kitchen, a bath and a half bath.’
- ‘The dilemma was solved by including a half bath in the new 800-square-foot office.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.