One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Half the usual price at which something is offered for sale.‘selected lines are at half price’‘we got all the equipment for half price’
- ‘Supporters who bought season tickets for the 2003-04 campaign at half-price are to be asked to make a further contribution to the football club.’
- ‘The City chairman said he was continuing to hold talks with a number of potential sponsors but was still not able to name the sponsor that had made it possible for him to sell season tickets for next season at half-price.’
- ‘For computer users looking for entertainment, there are sports and action games, some of them available at half-price.’
- ‘Plus, if you buy one marked-down sample pair from the display wall, you get the second sample pair for half-price.’
- ‘Hamman had offered to sell Cardiff shirts for half-price to fans who traded in an English club shirt - the trade-ins were then to be burned on the Ninian Park pitch.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.