One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The time at which half of a game or contest is completed, especially when marked by an interval.‘Spain led 9-7 at half-time’
intermission, interlude, entr'acte, break, recess, pause, gapView synonyms
- ‘At half-time Otley were the happier of the two teams as they were playing away to a much better placed team.’
- ‘We scored just before half-time which was important and then again in the second half.’
- ‘A half-time change of the tactics by Oakbank saw them score at regular intervals.’
- ‘At half-time Ellis revised the game plan and made a couple of tactical substitutions.’
- ‘By half-time Dublin should have scored at least two more goals and four or five points.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.