One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The time at which half of a game or contest is completed, especially when marked by an interval.‘Spain led 9-7 at half-time’
intermission, interlude, entr'acte, break, recess, pause, gapView synonyms
- ‘We scored just before half-time which was important and then again in the second half.’
- ‘At half-time Otley were the happier of the two teams as they were playing away to a much better placed team.’
- ‘By half-time Dublin should have scored at least two more goals and four or five points.’
- ‘At half-time Ellis revised the game plan and made a couple of tactical substitutions.’
- ‘A half-time change of the tactics by Oakbank saw them score at regular intervals.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.