One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having walls with a timber frame and a brick or plaster filling.
- ‘Built as a half-timbered hall by the Brownlow family, the house was extended by its owners in 1591 and 1648.’
- ‘I had tried to think of it as little as possible, but now that I searched for words all that came to me were pictures, images of tree-lined walkways, half-timbered houses, narrow streets and secret stairways.’
- ‘The 300 year-old half-timbered stilted building in the High Street has been a focal point for the town for many years.’
- ‘But Space House is not remotely like any of its brick or half-timbered neighbours.’
- ‘Treven Hall had been an Elizabethan, half-timbered manor house.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.