One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Only partly clothed.‘half-naked male models’
- ‘The sculpture depicted a half-naked woman with an expression of agony, sitting atop a submarine.’
- ‘Turning over on the couch, he pulls the blanket off his half-naked body.’
- ‘We hope you will refrain from letting ads that have half-naked women into your classy magazine.’
- ‘You see all those kids running half-naked across your television screen.’
- ‘When the word 'yoga' comes up', he envisions a half-naked 'man, dressed only in a loin cloth, with his feet behind his head, chanting "ohm".’
- ‘I've completely forgotten I'm half-naked in front of a room full of strangers.’
- ‘The company thought a half-naked celebrity would help sell more burgers.’
- ‘We spent hours baking half-naked in the sun.’
- ‘The team trainer arrived the next morning to find men passed out all over the floor, half-naked, surrounded by crushed beer cans.’
- ‘Along the way, she nearly runs over a half-naked girl standing in the middle of the road.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.