One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But its actual policy seems to have been a sort of calculated half-heartedness.’
- ‘He blamed the failures of the ‘yes’ campaign on the half-heartedness of France's leaders.’
- ‘And if a country does embark on war, timidity and half-heartedness and second-guessing are always the source of more death and misery than decisiveness and ruthlessness and forcing things to a conclusion.’
- ‘In neglecting small things, the King exposed half-heartedness, in neglecting small things it resulted in lost opportunity.’
- ‘Any faint hint of half-heartedness, any wavering, would turn this into a ridiculous farce, but fully played, it is real satire.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.