One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Without enthusiasm or energy.‘he resumed his packing half-heartedly’
- ‘He half-heartedly agreed to go.’
- ‘I half-heartedly shoo the cat off the bed.’
- ‘He inherited a health service struggling half-heartedly with reform.’
- ‘He offers up his worst side, arguing unconvincingly and half-heartedly.’
- ‘I have been half-heartedly trying to draft a post, but couldn't quite work up any enthusiasm.’
- ‘I spent a few months half-heartedly applying to jobs online because I wasn't sure I really wanted to leave.’
- ‘I started half-heartedly doing the Christmas shopping today.’
- ‘We talked half-heartedly for a while about London and house prices.’
- ‘I started jogging half-heartedly on the spot.’
- ‘They half-heartedly worked on a few new songs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.