One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small measure of beer.‘I drank two half-handles in quick succession’
- ‘He sat with a half-handle in front of him and he looked as if he was making it last a good long while.’
- ‘Lounge bars tend to mark their drinks up more (so you may spend 80c on only a half handle).’
- ‘I invested in a half-handle of beer as an excuse for establishing myself in a public bar.’
- ‘He drank two half-handles with the navvy.’
- ‘He swears he'll never drink another half-handle.’
- ‘I went casually into the bar and asked for a half-handle.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.