One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘She is half-decked for added seaworthiness.’
- ‘Two of them were light, half-decked caravels; the Santa Maria, on which Columbus hoisted his flag, was completely decked.’
- ‘They later designed the Seahorse, an 18 foot double-ended, half-decked, bulkheaded yacht made to carry 135 square feet of sail and a strong crew of three or four men.’
- ‘Most of the boats were smack-rigged, and some were luggers, half-decked and whole-decked.’
- ‘Developments begin in the 1830's, to a larger half-decked boat, often obtained from the East coast of Scotland.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.