One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Turmeric.‘add tomatoes, coriander, mint, haldi, and salt’
- ‘All over the district, the ubiquitous traditional Tamil ‘manja pye’ or haldi coloured cloth bag has made its reappearance.’
- ‘Neem, haldi, pepper, harar, bahera, amla, mustard, basmati, ginger, castor, jaramla, amaltas and new karela and jamun have all been patented.’
- ‘Add tomatoes, coriander and mint, chilli powder, haldi, sugar, coriander-cumin powder, bay leaf and salt.’
- ‘Because of health fears, natural colours such as mehndi, haldi, besan and maida have become popular again.’
- ‘To get lemon yellow or dark yellow, you have to add haldi (turmeric powder) in varying quantities.’
Via Hindi from Sanskrit haridrā.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.