One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A monetary unit of Saudi Arabia, equal to one hundredth of a rial.
- ‘In off-peak hours, the rate will be 40 halalas per minute instead of 50 halalas.’
- ‘Coins are issued in the value of 5, 10, 25, 50 and 100 halalas.’
- ‘The charges for calls from land phone to mobile will be cut from 45 to 40 halalas per minute.’
- ‘The currency of Saudi Arabia is Riyal, which is divided into 100 halalas.’
- ‘Text messaging is cut from 30 to 25 halalas [$0.08 to $0.07] per message inside the Kingdom, and from 70 to 60 halalas [$0.19 to $0.16] overseas.’
- ‘Consumers get electrical supply at extremely economical prices ranging from six Halalas to thirty halalas per KW / hour of energy, for housing and commercial usage.’
- ‘But the scheme also introduces new price brackets and hikes the top rate to 38 halalas from 20 halalas.’
- ‘The Premium 95 gasoline is being sold at 75 halalas a liter, while the Premium 91 costs 60 halalas only.’
- ‘Net profits per share amounted to 34 halalas, compared with 8 halalas for the same period last year.’
- ‘Whereas in Saudi Arabia, we have the cheapest gas on the planet, 90 halalas per liter.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.