One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A swastika, especially in its clockwise form as a Nazi symbol.
- ‘The Hakenkreuz is the ancient good luck symbol and sits on a veritcal axis.’
- ‘The black Hakenkreuze on the tail are the stand factory-applied H3 style.’
- ‘The group called their symbol the Hakenkreuz, not the swastika.’
- ‘In the Federal Republic of Germany, it is illegal to display the Hakenkreuz or swastika, which was the central symbol of the Nazi movement and the central motif in the national flag in the Third Reich.’
- ‘It took the german artist weeks to remove the Hakenkreuzes!’
German, from Haken ‘hook’ + Kreuz ‘cross’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.