One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A group of people performing a a Maori ceremonial war dance.‘it was a stirring rendition by the school's haka party’
- ‘There was a performance of the famous Ka mate haka by the Anglican church haka party.’
- ‘The Auckland Star reported the haka party incident with the bold headline 'Gang rampage at varsity'.’
- ‘Ready to perform for the royal visitors, a large haka party crouches down.’
- ‘He was welcomed to the centre in Manukau by a haka party of students.’
- ‘He led the protest group to stop that year's "haka party" performance.’
- ‘There was no haka party or poi dance.’
- ‘This so surprised the haka party that they beat a hasty retreat.’
- ‘He led a haka party of about 200 men, women and children to greet the official entourage.’
- ‘He was greeted by a haka party of 'stalwart Maori warriors' on the shoreline.’
- ‘It is bad form, in the extreme, not to acknowlege the challenge and a weakness not to meet it The haka party has had its say.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.