Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A particular way in which a person's hair is cut or arranged.
haircut, cut, style, hair, coiffurehairdo, do, coifView synonyms
- ‘Her long blonde hair was pulled up into a fashionable hairstyle on top of her head.’
- ‘Her constant changing of outfits, hairstyles, and so on, reminds viewers that femininity is constructed, not natural.’
- ‘Rub in a little for a natural look or slightly more for hairstyles that require extra control.’
- ‘Before going to bed last night I combed my hair into stupid hairstyles.’
- ‘Maybe they need to be around people who appreciate their multifaceted wardrobe choices & quirky hairstyles.’
- ‘It's always fun checking out his far-out hairstyles and hip-hop fashion.’
- ‘For example there are several magazines devoted to only hairstyles and hair care.’
- ‘Ask friends and family with great hairstyles to refer you to their favorite hair care professionals.’
- ‘Among his former hairstyles was a long blonde ponytail.’
- ‘It was this kid with dirty blonde hair in what seemed to be like the hairstyle of a mop.’
- ‘It will cement your hairstyle for many hours, even in the course of heavy winds.’
- ‘Elena had changed her hairstyle by just tying her hair up in two buns for the boat ride.’
- ‘If you are not sure about your options, look through men's magazines to see which hairstyles are out there.’
- ‘His mini-Afro style is fresh, easy to maintain and one of the most popular hairstyles out there today.’
- ‘How many men could get away with all those hairstyles?’
- ‘The wardrobe and hairstyles seemed different from those I saw in magazines.’
- ‘The following is a list of the latest hairstyles to go with different hair lengths.’
- ‘Like hairstyles and clothing fashions, make-up is usually a temporary form of adornment, one that can be washed off and changed at will.’
- ‘If so, you probably need to learn some more about hairstyles and how to talk to your stylist so she knows exactly what you want.’
- ‘Check out the latest greatest hairstyles for men and improve your appearance.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.