One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A simple bar-shaped device for keeping a woman's hair in position.
- ‘And they are introducing a range of fashion items such as T-shirts with slogans, jewelery, such as hairslides, and bedding.’
- ‘Mum was cross because my gilt hairslides went rusty but I didn't care.’
- ‘You'll find an elegant range of handcrafted hairslides and bangles with Celtic and Claddagh motifs.’
- ‘She is adorable and I like her little ladybird hairslide!’
- ‘A combination hairslide and necklace was accepted for entry into the 2005/06 Exhibition and was on show from mid November 2005 until mid January 2006.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.