One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The way in which a person's hair is styled.‘an elaborate bouffant hairdo’
hairstyle, haircut, cut, style, hair, coiffureView synonyms
- ‘I'm sure you're not the only guy who has a hard time finding a good shampoo and conditioner to suit his specific hairdo.’
- ‘Besides, most women I know end up looking like their grandmother with some stiff, dated hairstyle after they go to a hairdresser for a formal hairdo.’
- ‘The models swept through in oversized Afro hairdos, body paint and colorful creations of art.’
- ‘Many want to conceal the strands of gray hair creeping into their hairdos.’
- ‘Depending upon your hairdo, thread it with gold ribbon or throw on some fine gold confetti.’
- ‘It is an older crowd, lots of comb-over hairdos among the men, a fair share of blue rinse among the women.’
- ‘Yesterday I washed my new hairdo, and the perm is now virtually non-existent, more of a wave than a curl.’
- ‘I am showing my new hairdo (shorter hair) and my new highlights.’
- ‘She sat back in her chair her long hair up on a hairdo of curls.’
- ‘It seems like the '70s all over again: long hairdos for men, tight jeans, wide lapels, and corduroy everything.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.