Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for horsehair worm
- ‘Foals are very open to infection by hair worms, so broodmares should be dewormed and moved to clean pastures.’
- ‘The hair worms are found living in the sediments, or occasionally on the rocks, and while never especially speedy, they are capable of moving from place to place.’
- ‘The crickets and beetles and crabs and shrimp are infected when they eat flies containing hair worm larvae.’
- ‘Foals are particularly susceptible to hair worm infection.’
- ‘Damage caused by the hair worm can be worsened by other worms in the system.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.