One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for horsehair worm
- ‘The hair worms are found living in the sediments, or occasionally on the rocks, and while never especially speedy, they are capable of moving from place to place.’
- ‘Foals are particularly susceptible to hair worm infection.’
- ‘The crickets and beetles and crabs and shrimp are infected when they eat flies containing hair worm larvae.’
- ‘Damage caused by the hair worm can be worsened by other worms in the system.’
- ‘Foals are very open to infection by hair worms, so broodmares should be dewormed and moved to clean pastures.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.