One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The street vendors, the business suits on smoke breaks, the cell phones, the cab hailers, the noises.’
- ‘Protesters may follow the hunt, on condition that loud trumpets, drums and hailers are replaced by muted clarinets or harps.’
- ‘Student strikes are disrupting college campuses, where old protest anthems like ‘We Shall Overcome’ mix with the tinny sound of speeches belted out over load hailers.’
- ‘I can't understand the warnings over the hailer.’
- ‘The people answering the door, feeling a tad lonely, and a little concerned at the mental health of these door to door hailers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.