One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I can't understand the warnings over the hailer.’
- ‘The street vendors, the business suits on smoke breaks, the cell phones, the cab hailers, the noises.’
- ‘Protesters may follow the hunt, on condition that loud trumpets, drums and hailers are replaced by muted clarinets or harps.’
- ‘The people answering the door, feeling a tad lonely, and a little concerned at the mental health of these door to door hailers.’
- ‘Student strikes are disrupting college campuses, where old protest anthems like ‘We Shall Overcome’ mix with the tinny sound of speeches belted out over load hailers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.