One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Literature dealing with the lives and legends of saints.
- ‘The hagiology from which he has benefited in the last 50 years suggests that he may well have been right.’
- ‘He immediately emphasized the theoretical and practical significance of hagiology as a science, as well as the parish priest's book at the first of its kind in our country.’
- ‘The core teachings of Christ were gradually wrapped in a vast and wide-ranging symbolic iconography and hagiology while Judaism and Islam both developed elaborate esoteric, neo-platonic and hermetic schools of thought illustrated through sapiential tales and gnostic parables, in the likeness of earlier mystery cults of the Middle East.’
- ‘She succeeded in portraying truthfully - without debunking, but also without hagiology - good men and women.’
- ‘The study of the live of the saints (hagiology), necessary to assess sanctity, needs its own method.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.