One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or involving the rupture or destruction of red blood cells.‘haemolytic anaemia’
- ‘Next is a chapter on haematopoietic and lymphoreticular disorders including haemolytic anaemias, leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma.’
- ‘These organisms have also been found to be involved in wound infections, haemolytic uremic syndrome, meningitis, peritonitis, respiratory tract infections and ocular infections4.’
- ‘The use of antimotility agents should be avoided because they appear to prolong bloody diarrhea and increase the incidence of hemolytic uremic syndrome.’
- ‘The initial laboratory results indicated a diagnostic triad of thrombocytopenia, hemolytic anemia, and acute renal failure.’
- ‘A patient with breast cancer presenting with haemolytic uraemic syndrome was, however, three times less likely to be admitted to intensive care than a patient with AIDS with the same condition.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.