One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The rupture or destruction of red blood cells.
- ‘Exposure to oxidative stress can cause acute hemolysis in these persons.’
- ‘Not all patients who develop the antibody will undergo red blood cell hemolysis.’
- ‘The authors begin by noting that bacteriologists had proposed various classifications of the streptococcus genus and that strains that produced haemolysis of red blood cells were thought to constitute a single unit or group.’
- ‘The venom consists of proteins, polypeptides, and enzymes that cause necrosis and hemolysis.’
- ‘Intravascular hemolysis is the destruction of red blood cells in the circulation with the release of cell contents into the plasma.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.