One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The rupture or destruction of red blood cells.
- ‘Not all patients who develop the antibody will undergo red blood cell hemolysis.’
- ‘Intravascular hemolysis is the destruction of red blood cells in the circulation with the release of cell contents into the plasma.’
- ‘The venom consists of proteins, polypeptides, and enzymes that cause necrosis and hemolysis.’
- ‘Exposure to oxidative stress can cause acute hemolysis in these persons.’
- ‘The authors begin by noting that bacteriologists had proposed various classifications of the streptococcus genus and that strains that produced haemolysis of red blood cells were thought to constitute a single unit or group.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.